BADMINTON DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
Auckland Badminton Association (ABA) is looking for a Badminton Development Coordinator
This is an exciting and important role and it requires a skilled person who can bring energy and enthusiasm to a sport in high demand.
You will have a passion for coaching to undertake this full time position which involves coaching and coordinating delivery within clubs, schools and ABA programs .
You will need to be organised by nature with strong communication skills, with high attention to detail and multi-tasking to ensure timelines and delivery is met.
Being a team player with excellent interpersonal skills is also key, as this role requires building relationships and working collaboratively with many different groups of stakeholders. This coaching position will need an experienced and have an understanding of the Badminton sport environment.
If you are successful in this role you will need to be prepared to travel throughout Auckland, work weekends and non-traditional hours as and when required. You will also be required to have a full drivers licence and your own reliable car.
The successful candidate will have an understanding and proven skills supporting the following areas
· Professional approach to Coaching and training programs developing participants at all abilities, level and age
· Performance analysis to assist in continual player improvement
· Visiting schools promoting the profile of badminton and assisting in the development of school sporting opportunities
· Coordinating Badminton through the community to support participation demand
· Liaising with Clubs and other ABA programs providing opportunities to players to develop skills providing future opportunities
· Encouraging schools and students to participate in competitions and ABA programs
· Encouraging students to engage providing a fun and enjoyable environment
· Support and assist participants through pathway programs of participation to performance
· Excellent administration and communication skills both written and oral
· Strong organisational and time management skills ABA coaching programs
· A strong customer service focus with ability to build and maintain relationships
· Coaching Qualification or experience relating to role
· Clean and tidy personal presentation
· Able to work independently and under pressure situations
· Energetic and committed to delivering results
· Community and external Facilities
· ABA program participants and parents
· ABA Badminton Coaches
· ABA Staff
If you think you’ve got the right combination of skills to perform in this important role please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6 January 2023.
Article added: Monday 12 December 2022
99 Gillies Avenue, Epsom, Auckland
PO Box 26 054, Epsom, Auckland
09 524 0872
If the Pro Shop is unattended during these times please enquire at the ABA offices upstairs
PHONE: 09 524 0872 EXT 1
Pro Shop Opening Hours
MONDAY 10:00am - 8:00pmTUESDAY 10:00am - 8:00pmWEDNESDAY 10:00am - 8:00pmTHURSDAY 10:00am - 8:00pmFRIDAY 10:00am - 8:00pmSATURDAY 9:00am - 8:00pmSUNDAY 9:00am - 6:00pm
CLOSED PUBLIC HOLIDAYS